10th Danube Conference on Culture at the Museum of the Vojvodina in Novi Sad
CULTURE FOR ALL – The Danube as a Cultural Bridge
The 10th Danube Conference on Culture at the Museum of the Vojvodina in Novi Sad between 23 and 25 April 2023 brought together creatives, experts and decision-makers from across the Danube Region to connect the diverse cultural sector of the region. The aim was to discuss open and accessible cultural work. Against this background, the motto of the conference was "CULTURE FOR ALL - The Danube as a Cultural Bridge". The conference was a great success with approx 130 participants, important speakers and cultural events.
The general objectives of the Danube Conferences on Culture were:
- To inspire cultural operators and artists coming from the Danube region
- To encourage partnerships and cooperation
- To offer practical examples and space for discussions around the conference themes
- To develop problem-solution thinking in the field of culture
The main topics of the Conference 2023 were:
- Culture everywhere (old and new, formal and informal spaces for culture)
- New technologies in culture (AI, VR, digital, virtual, future concepts…)
- Culture for all (old and new target groups, audience development)
- Sustainable culture (environmental aspects, resilience questions, the legacy of projects, festivals…)
The 10th Danube Conference on Conference 2023 was organised by:
- the Museum of Vojvodina
- the Provincial Secretariat for Culture, Public Information and Relations with Religious Communities, Government of AP Vojvodina
- the Provincial Secretariat for Regional Development, Interregional Cooperation and Local Self-Government of AP Vojvodina
- the Ministry of Science, Research and Arts Baden-Württemberg
- the Government of Lower Austria / Working Community of the Danube Regions
- the European Danube Academy
- the Danube Cultural Cluster
We would like to thank all contributors. Especially the hosts, the Museum of Vojvodina and the Autonomous Province of Vojvodina, the organising team, the speakers, the participants and last but not least the sponsors. These were fantastic days of lively exchange, networking and experience.
You can find photos of the conference here (open.danubeculture.eu).